November 20, 2012
my heart is overflowing with gratitude to everyone in my life that unconditionally loves, supports, encourages and inspires me. thank you thank you thank you.
Tomorrow I’m cooking in the kitchen with my momma. I can’t wait!
I’ll be making some Chess Pie for dessert.
You should try it! It’s sensational…like a chocolate pecan pie, and seriously, the easiest pie I’ve EVER made.
1 1/2 oz Unsweetened Chocolate
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
1 Tablespoon Flour
2 Eggs (beaten)
2 Tablespoons Milk
1 Tablespoon Vanilla
1. Melt Butter and Chocolate but do not cook it
2. Mix Brown Sugar, Granulated Sugar and Flour together
3. Mix Eggs, Milk and Vanilla
4. Add Sugar mixture to Chocolate and Butter
5. Add Egg mixture to the above
6. Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell
7. Top with chopped Pecans
8. cook at 300 – 325 degrees for 45 – 60 min
Serve with Carmel Sauce and Chocolate Ice Cream
That was a feast for your belly, now how about a feast for your eyes. My babies. You should check out their photos from last year. Look how much they have changed!!